Thursday, January 19, 2017

Healthy Swap #1

Healthy Swap #1

As I mentioned, Patrick and I are trying to be healthier. We I decided instead of trying to give up all of our favorite, unhealthy, "sinful" foods that we could give one food up at a time. This way we are more likely to stick to it and we have a whole month of "practicing" and adjusting. 

This month: Ice cream. 
Replacement: Applesauce. 

I started with a tough one. I mentioned this idea to Pat about a week ago, and he thought it was an excellent idea. The only problem was we still had ice cream in the freezer. 

Well, we successfully finished it off. As Pat was eating his last few bites, I told him I would pick up some applesauce tomorrow. He looked at me perplexed and asked why I would do that (we normally don't have applesauce), and I reminded him of this healthy swap idea. His response (with ice cream still in his mouth), "Wait, we're actually doing that?"

Yes, this will be a hard one for us. 

But we got a jar of homemade applesauce about 2 weeks ago and it was gone in a couple of days. It was a nice little treat, which is exactly why we buy ice cream, as a nice little treat. 

Let's see how this goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment