Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Workouts

Getting Fit

Plain and simple, I don't really know what to do when I go to the gym. Thus, I usually end up wasting time and asking my husband if he is ready to go yet. My apartment complex has a small fitness center, and does not offer a personal trainer. Even if I did have access to a personal trainer, I'm too cheap (financially conscious sounds better) to pay someone to help me workout. 


I also don't have time to go to the gym everyday. I know some people say that, but it's true. I teach, which means when I get home from work, I usually have to do more work like planning, grading, etc. 

But I do know that working out leads to a lot of health benefits beyond lookin' good naked. It leads to better sleep, a lower risk of heart disease, a higher sex drive (chicka-yeaaah), and there have even been studies that shown those who are physically active are less likely to have brain plaques associated with Alzheimer's disease. 


Welcome to the struggle of every working adult. 
      (Maybe not a personal trainer. I feel like they kill two birds with one stone when 
      they go to work. Personal trainers, correct me if I'm wrong.)


So I made a compromise. I took a workout originally from Hiitworkout.net (which, fyi, looks like a pretty descent site for free home workout routines if this is one is not your style) and I made it from a 5 day a week, 12 week long workout into a 3 day a week 24 week long workout. That way I can have the flexibility to choose what days I want to workout and which days I'll save for grading. 


Week A, Day 1: check. 



No comments:

Post a Comment