Monday, January 16, 2017

Keepin' It Clean

Keepin' It Clean

Nobody really likes cleaning. If I could have a maid just keep my house spotless, that would be amazing. There are times when I enjoy doing a deep clean, but it's not necessarily the act of cleaning I enjoy, it's the meditation during and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. 



To keep that freshly cleaned feeling, I have made a list of my weekend cleaning chores and spread them out over the week. My husband and I have been doing this for almost a year. It's not fool-proof, you do have to force yourself to keep up with it (just like anything), but it's so worth it when you do. 

Without further adieu, here's our chore list: 

Monday-Dust/1 load of laundry
Tuesday-Vacuum/1 load of laundry 
Wednesday-Clean both bathrooms
Thursday-1 load of laundry/put laundry away
Friday-take out recycling 

I didn't include stuff like dishes, sweeping, or wiping down the counters, because that's stuff I do daily. The key to putting together your own list is to choose 1-2 tasks that you would do if guests were coming over, but not necessarily every night. 

Does my house still get messy? Of course. Do I ever skip a day/week? All of the time. But it helps to make cleaning seem more manageable, and my husband doesn't have to ask what needs to be done. He can just see what chore(s) need to be done that night before we sit down to watch Netflix.  

Oh and this ^^, true story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment